Recently, I attended an event hosted by The Knot. As I work with a lot of brides and grooms on finding the perfect song and style of dance to fit their personality and unique qualities, I believe it is important to stay in the loop on the hottest wedding trends.
Before we get to the list, I have noticed a couple of trends with my brides, that I believe deserve an honorable mention. The first, couples are incorporating their heritage into their special day. Currently, I am helping a couple learn the Polka to add a fun twist to their first dance!
Another trend, specifically with second marriages, is making the kids a part of the big day. And I don't just mean the ceremony. I mean the first dance! If you check out the "First Dance" YouTube video on my page, wait until the 2:00 minute mark! http://www.dancedelivered.com/about-us.html.
Here are some top trends:
Woodland Weddings
Rustic and natural, branchy and green centerpieces.
Please Don't Instagram My Wedding
Many couples are opting for unplugged wedding.
#SuperCharged Guests
This is the exact opposite of an unplugged wedding. Custom hashtags capture the entire wedding.
All-Nighter Weddings
Couples are hosting an after-party once the reception ends.
Jeweled Necklines
Simple, classic wedding dresses with added sparkle along the neckline or around the waist.
Trash-the-Dress Backlash
Formal portraiture is back.
Brights
Neutral palettes with bold colors added. Colors infused into big details like florals, nail polish and cake.
The Year of the Flower
Over-sized cascading bouquets, elaborate decor, fresh flower walls.
Photo Booth
Returning trend with a new twist: slow-motion video booth.
The Dream of the '90s Is Alive
The music. The fashion. Crop top wedding dresses!
No comments:
Post a Comment