I don't even want to think about how many occasions I have left the house with some sort of apparel or accessory adorned with a little sparkle. It may be trendy these days, however I rocked that before it was cool. Is it a diva thing? A dancer thing? For me, if it doesn't sparkle it's for the library.
Which brings me to my (well, my fiance's) #DIY success story. I wanted something to punch up the colors in the bedroom. I really liked the idea of fabric headboards because it seemed relatively easy and convenient if you decide to change up the scheme, why not? And of course, it included some tasteful sparkle.
What you'll need:
Wood strappings for frame
Staple gun
Fabric - I used a really amazing shower curtain I found at TJ Maxx in the clearance section
Wood glue
Fasteners/anchors for wall
You'll use the wood strapping to make a frame, then you'll reinforce with two pieces going perpendicular.
Next, stretch the fabric over the frame, and staple. Cut any excess fabric, and add wiring and fasteners to the frame and hang.
A close-up of the fabric, sequins and all:
And the big picture:



No comments:
Post a Comment